Dip. Couns. S.A.C. Dip. CBT MBACP
- I offer professional counselling in a safe, confidential setting.
- I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and abide by their Code of Ethics.
- I have also worked as a Sessional Counsellor for Cardiff Mind.
- Diploma in Humanistic Existential Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Distinction)
- Diploma in Counselling (Inst. N/H) (Distinction)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trained (ASSIST)
- Registered Member of British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
I have also worked as a Sessional Counsellor for MIND in Cardiff.
How I Work:
It takes courage to make the first appointment and I appreciate how anxious you may feel. In the strictest confidence you can discuss the issues that you have brought to counselling and I will explain how we can work together. Sometimes, only a few sessions are required to get you ‘back on track’.
Sometimes ‘deeper’ issues surface and these can be dealt with now or later or not at all. It is up to you at all times whether you wish to continue with counselling. I will never judge or advise you, I am there to enable you to make the changes that will help you ‘Set Yourself Free’ from what’s been holding you back.
When a relationship breaks down it can affect every area of your life.
Especially when a partner feels they are to blame.
But we are all born unique – and life’s experience affects our values, principles and worldview. That’s why I will never blame either of you, it is the relationship that has broken down. We will have a joint session to start to outline the issues and get to know each other. This is followed by several ‘one-to-one’ sessions where you are free to discuss (in confidence) what’s going on for you. Sometimes only a few sessions are needed for you both to have a better understanding of what’s going on and make changes. Sessions are flexible and arranged to fit in with your commitments.