Dip. Couns. S.A.C. Dip. CBT MBACP
- I offer professional counselling in a safe, confidential setting.
- I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and abide by their Code of Ethics.
- I have also worked as a Sessional Counsellor for Cardiff Mind.
- Diploma in Humanistic Existential Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Distinction)
- Diploma in Counselling (Inst. N/H) (Distinction)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trained (ASSIST)
- Registered Member of British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
I have also worked as a Sessional Counsellor for MIND in Cardiff.
How I Work:
It takes courage to make the first call and I appreciate how anxious you may feel.
In the strictest confidence you can discuss the issues that you are struggling with and we can decide which option is best for you
If you choose to book Single Session Therapy and wish to have extra sessions – these can be booked or you can switch to counselling at any time if you want to.
Sometimes, only a few sessions are required to get you ‘back on track’.
Sometimes ‘deeper’ issues surface and these can be dealt with now or later or not at all. It is up to you at all times whether you wish to continue.
I will never judge or advise you, I am there to enable you to make the changes that will help you ‘Set Yourself Free’ from what’s been holding you back.
If you decide you’re not ready yet – that’s ok. You have the information and you can come back at any time.
The important thing to remember is that you may feel the issue is not serious enough – or it may seem overwhelming. Either way – it doesn’t matter. If it’s affecting you it needs to be addressed.
Anxiety can be due to an issue that you feel you can’t resolve – but if you can’t resolve it – you can deal differently – and that’s what makes the difference!
Many clients just book sessions as and when required. Whenever they begin to struggle they book a few sessions – and are back on track. It can be as simple as that.
Downton Counselling offers flexible Counselling for when you need it.